The Wirral Group of the Ramblers' Association is a friendly and
active collection of people who enjoy a varied and interesting programme
of walks and social activities. With over 800 members, Wirral Ramblers
is the largest group in the region.
There are walks every Sunday and Wednesday throughout the year as well as evening walks on Tuesday and Friday evenings in the summer.
More details are available below -
Advice for writing route descriptions.
* Gordon Clarke, Chairman of Wirral Ramblers has said that 'Wirral Ramblers are very happy to join with Active Wirral by offering a local walk'.
* The walk will be held on Monday, 3rd October and begin at the Spital train station car park at 11am.
* The walk will be at an easy pace and designed to introduce people to the pleasure of walking and to increased fitness.
* Click on the title for more information.
* What is GPS and a bit of history.
* Demo of Memory Map on PC and how to plan a walk.
* Navigating with GPS on a standard Smart Phone.
* Other mapping schemes.
* Limitations of GPS.
SCROLL DOWN FOR LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES: (Last updated Thursday, 22nd September 2016.)
You can also follow us on Facebook
'Archaeology and History of Hilbre'. - Wirral Ramblers' Club, Thursday, 29th September 2016 at 8pm.
* Christine Longworth is a retired curator of British and European Antiquities at National Museums Liverpool.
* Christine's presentation will focus on the archaeology and history of Hilbre.
Walk Leaders needed for Autumn/Winter walks.
* If you are a Walk Leader please click on the above title for walks where we need leaders.
Back by popular demand: The Twilight Walk!
* This October the Brain Tumour Charity will be returning to three favourite locations for The Twilight Walk: Warwick, Chester and Windsor.
* By joining for this easy-going and enjoyable 10k walk at sunset, you can raise vital funds to double survival and halve the harm of those effected.
* If you click on the above title you will find how to volunteer for the The Twilight Walks.
Coach booking and payment system.
* The Committee has undertaken a review of coach booking and paying for seats.
* If you click on the above title you will find how to book, make a payment and if you need to cancel.
Volunteer path clearance dates - Autumn 2016.
* If you are interested in providing assistance to help cut and trim the Wirral Right of Way network click on the above title and you will find how to contact Robin Tutchings (Wirral Rights of Way Officer) including the dates and locations.
Committee Meeting Minutes 2016
Click here for a copy of the "Approved" Minutes for July.
Click here for a copy of the "Pending Approval" Minutes for September.