The Wirral Group of the Ramblers' Association is a friendly and
active collection of people who enjoy a varied and interesting programme
of walks and social activities. With over 800 members, Wirral Ramblers
is the largest group in the region.
There are walks every Sunday and Wednesday throughout the year as well as evening walks on Tuesday and Friday evenings in the summer.
More details are available below -
* Gordon Clarke, Chairman of Wirral Ramblers has said that 'Wirral Ramblers are very happy to join with Active Wirral by offering a local walk'.
* The walk will be held on Monday, 3rd October and begin at the Spital train station car park at 11am.
* The walk will be at an easy pace and designed to introduce people to the pleasure of walking and to increased fitness.
* Click on the title for more information.
* Every year the Club organises hundreds of led walks, the vast majority of which occure without incident.
* If a real emergency does happen and you cannot make a voice call on your mobile due to a lack of signal you can contact the 999 emergency services by SMS text from your mobile phone.
* If you click on the information sheet noted in the title this will show you how to register your mobile.
* The service works throughout the UK on all mobile networks. Register now: don't wait for an emergency.
SCROLL DOWN FOR LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES: (Last updated Wednesday, 12th October 2016.)
You can also follow us on Facebook
'Archaeology and History of Hilbre'. - Wirral Ramblers' Club, Thursday, 29th September 2016 at 8pm.
* Christine Longworth is a retired curator of British and European Antiquities at National Museums Liverpool.
* Christine's presentation will focus on the archaeology and history of Hilbre.
Walk Leaders needed for Autumn/Winter walks.
* If you are a Walk Leader please click on the above title for walks where we need leaders.
Walk Leaders - advice for writing route descriptions.
* If you are a Walk Leader and not sure about writing the route description for a Sunday walk click on the title for some guidance.
Back by popular demand: The Twilight Walk!
* This October the Brain Tumour Charity will be returning to three favourite locations for The Twilight Walk: Warwick, Chester and Windsor.
* By joining for this easy-going and enjoyable 10k walk at sunset, you can raise vital funds to double survival and halve the harm of those effected.
* If you click on the above title you will find how to volunteer for the The Twilight Walks.
Coach booking and payment system.
* The Committee has undertaken a review of coach booking and paying for seats.
* If you click on the above title you will find how to book, make a payment and if you need to cancel.
Volunteer path clearance dates - Autumn 2016.
* If you are interested in providing assistance to help cut and trim the Wirral Right of Way network click on the above title and you will find how to contact Robin Tutchings (Wirral Rights of Way Officer) including the dates and locations.
Committee Meeting Minutes 2016
Click here for a copy of the "Approved" Minutes for September.
Click here for a copy of the "Pending Approval" Minutes for October.